Installation error messages
I'm trying to install onto a server, and after installation, I see the error: "/ Server error in SoloManage"
This generic error message is generated by Micorosft's IIS, and there can be several reasons for it. Check some of the following:
- Did you select the correct SQL server choice during installation? The correct choice is named "(local)\SQLExpress"
- Are you installing onto a server which also has Sharepoint installed? Sharepoint creates security policies and configuration entries which may not be compatible with SoloManage. Contact us for help in resolving this point.
- Did SQL Server Express install correctly? Using the Windows control panel, check that SQL Server Express is installed.
- If you installed SQL Server Express before SoloManage, check that it is configured to allow mixed authentication and remote connections.
- Are you attempting to install on Windows XP Home edition? That edition of Windows is not supported
If none of these items apply to you, check the SoloManage log file, usually found in this folder: C:\Program Files\Quartile Software\SoloManage\App_Data\Logs. If the log provides details which you can use to correct the installation, follow that course. Otherwise, please email the log to us, and we'll help to diagnose the problem, free of charge